This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parcel has arrived.
    Many thanks to all involved, special thanks to Veggiechicken for organising.
    It's at this point I realise I did not put my forum nickname on any I sent packets.

However all my packets are have printed labels on, so enjoy everyone.
    Thanks again.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Just Scarlet and Planetologist to confirm they've received their seeds and I can relax............until next year?

Comment

Yeah! Thank you, veggiechicken, thank you all.
        If you organise another one next year, I'll do my best not to take part. I want to grow these first, and I'd like to keep food growing as the main thing.

Comment

Perhaps we could tempt you with an Edible flowers swap - or a Herbs circle?

Comment

I've got mine!!!...thanks all, it's a very exciting parcel. Lots in there well chuffed

Comment

I can breathe again - all Flower seeds have arrived
              Once again, thank you all for joining.
              I should explain that the commercial seeds I sent you were from a special offer I took up - but ended up with multiple packets the same It was better to give them to you than hoard them
              Happy flower growing in 2017!

Comment

We had a temporary postie a few days ago...he got a few things muddled up .
                Thanks VC..can't wait forSpring

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Perhaps we could tempt you with an Edible flowers swap - or a Herbs circle?
                  A herb circle would be fantastic.

Comment

OK - in 2017, I'll run a Flowers Circle and a Herbs Circle

Comment

• Just wondered how everyone is getting on with their seeds.

An update on some of mine

Acidanthera - 2 have just peeped through today, have been in a pot in the gh a long while. Was getting to the point of putting them in nursery corner till next year
                      Agapanthus - couple popped up really quickly are still going well(fingers crossed nothing munches them).
                      globe thistle and astrantias - don't seem to like me haven't given up yet though.
                      Jacobs ladder - a fair few plants almost ready to plant out
                      lupin and rudbeckia - germinated well then got slugged nursing a few stragglers.
                      Dahlia Sunny Reggae - doing well in gh. Should go out soon for hardening off.
                      Cerinthe - first batch planted out in the cut flower bed today.
                      Aquilegia yellow queen and unknown blue - were slow to germinate, then all popped at once. Got lots and lots. Thankfully I have a nice big space earmarked for them.

Thank you all again. This is so exciting

Comment

• Interesting! I haven't tried the Astrantias but I've given the globe thistle two goes in the prop! Nada...sorry I can remember the discussion I had with Martin H who said they came up like weeds and self seeded everywhere! They don't in my garden... I'll try again.

Comment

• No need to say sorry, least I get to try. I have read in several places astrantia are temperamental and you have to do the hot-cold hokey cokey. Sorry, I didn't say it to make anyone feel bad, rather to see how others got on to try and pinch tips and tricks

Comment

• Am having great fun trying out so many new varieties, so thanks again everyone.

My failures so far have been the yellow flag iris, globe thistle, and scabious stellata, but there's plenty of seed spare so I'll persevere. I may just try to sow some direct rather than in the propagator.

Biggest successes so far have been the prolific musk mallow and scarlet flax, I think every seed must've germinated.

As for the astrantias, in January I put them in the fridge in damp kitchen roll in a sealed container for about 8 weeks and then sowed them on seed compost with vermiculite ...happy to report I'm currently nursing at least a dozen seedlings. They're still teeny tiny, but looking healthy.

Will report back later in the year, hopefully with photos

Comment

• I sowed a few of the cyclamen neapolitanum seeds into a pot about four months ago....after a few months there was no sign of life, so I put the pot into a shady corner of the garden and forgot all about it.

Stumbled across the pot this morning, and there were five tiny cyclamen seedlings!

I don't really mind if they take years to flower, just really pleased that I didn't throw them out.

Comment

• Normally if I can't eat it I'm not interested in growing it but my alien plant is just blooming and I have half a doz babies I started off from saved seed from last years flower heads. I did find out it's real name but I can't remember what it's called.

If people want seed from this years blooms I will be happy to save them and contribute them to the circle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-06 Alien Plant.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	2373503
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse