No announcement yet.

Carruther's Purple Podded Pea

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to have successfully renewed my HSL membership for only £20. So that must be right that the rule about joining GO first only applies to new members.

And I got the new catalogue today, which is online this year. Carruthers' PPP isn't in it again, but there are two other purple podded varieties, Herbie's Purple Podded Bean Pea and Sutton's Purple Podded.

I don't know if they are as good as Carruther's. Rebsie said that it was the best of the ones she'd tried, but maybe she hasn't tried those two.

Daughter of the Soil: Heritage vegetable review Pea: Carruthers' Purple Podded
    Last edited by Zelenina; 09-12-2014, 01:05 AM. Reason: a was was needed, and an extra tried was removed

Comment

Thank you for that Zelenia. I wrote to HSL and explained that I was a member of both but would like to join HSL only. They replied that I had to be a member of both as the £18 HSL membership only covers the cost to send out seeds and they need the income from GO to maintain the library.

If you try the other cultivars it would be interesting to see your opinion on their taste
      Grapevine Facebook Group

My Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X