Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thank you to Nellie-M and her lovely toms. This time Blue OSU and Striped Roman Oh and pea bean inca

Also another one for Lungo Bianco courgettes they seem to be a touch drier and sweeter than most courgettes and are producing well. TY Sarico.
    TY VC for the boddington peas produced really well despite the birds pinching the tops out so they are drying for winter.

There are loads more but I have brain block
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 06-09-2015, 07:15 AM. Reason: adding pic

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
      nellie-m I hope you see this. I have some of your Orange Banana tomato seeds
      I grow orange banana every year -fab tomato that is great fresh as well as cooked.

Comment

How does seed swap work exactly?

Comment

Scoot - see http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...cel_83432.html

Comment

Ok thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
              nellie-m I hope you see this. I have some of your Orange Banana tomato seeds. Oddly enough not through the VSP but through a Pass the Parcel seed chain on another forum that I don't think you're a member of...Spooky how far seeds can travel! At any rate, I am betting they originated in the VSP or somehow from here as they have your name on them.
              I think the tomatoes are fab and will be growing them regularly now. ]
              Wow Sparrow, a bit spooky indeed! The Vine is the only gardening forum I'm on (and I hardly find the time to post even on this one...) so I really wish these packets could tell their story!

I agree, the Orange Banana is a fabulous tom and I originally got the seeds from SCARLET (see me waving?). Been growing them every year since, usually in the ground but as circumstances would have it, this year for the first time in large pots. This is also the first year that it suffers from blossom end rot, and massively so! A lot more than any other variety, so it will definitely go in the ground outdoors again next year where it has always been fine.

Thanks Scarlet for this great variety!
              ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Nellie, I have some of your seeds too although I can't remember which ones.

Comment

Never mind, RP, I can't remember either
                  ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Following my first contribution to the VSP, I'd like to publicly thank VC for running it so well

Thanks also to the people who contributed seeds, I now have some that were sent in by:

Lisasbolt - Cayenne Thick, Gold Rush Currant
                    Paulieb - Fatalli
                    Sparrow - Purple Ukraine, Sandpoint
                    Norfolk Grey - White Queen, Spanish Big Globe

Comment

• Thank you Chris. Much appreciated
                      There wouldn't be a VSP without the kindness of people like you. I'm just the postmistress in the middle

Comment

• Lisa, your Orange Wonder chillies are speedy germinators! 100% success too.
                        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                          Lisa, your Orange Wonder chillies are speedy germinators! 100% success too.
                          Wonderful, hopefully you can save some seeds
                          I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Thank you Chris. Much appreciated
                            There wouldn't be a VSP without the kindness of people like you. I'm just the postmistress in the middle
                            Now now lady you know you are far more than that, we know the crazy amount of work you must put in to the VSP, and i am very grateful
                            I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisasbolt View Post
                              Now now lady you know you are far more than that, we know the crazy amount of work you must put in to the VSP, and i am very grateful
                              Oi Lisa, now don't you go giving her a swelled head
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisasbolt View Post
                                we know the crazy amount of work you must put in to the VSP
                                Speaking of which....have sent some seeds over today VC.
                                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X