This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    May I request some please. I am a broke as I have had to buy some more school shoes. Daughter is now in a 12.5 G. Cheap shoes don't fit her properly no more.
    I promise to plant every seed. I to can't promise a plant every time but I will give it a fair crack of the whip. I'm game for growing owt now I've started again.
    I think the seeds going to help those who have seen service over seas and need our help and support in their time of need and understanding is a good idea.
    sigpic

Comment

I can take some seeds off your hands to pass on to these folk in the village next to mine VC

"A Place To Grow"

"A Place to Grow supports groups of people with a range of mental illnesses, physical disabilities and learning difficulties. It also provides garden plots for community groups from the surrounding areas, including young people and the U3A. The overall aim is to raise people's awareness and understanding of the contribution physical activity and a good diet, using home grown organic produce, can make to everyone's well-being and good health.

Each group has its own plot to cultivate, but is also encouraged to help with the shared areas which include a large paved sensory garden, picnic lawn, orchard, wildlife area and ponds."
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Any more charities/gardens you want to support ?
        I need to know before the 23rd March

Comment

Is it in the shall we say the spirit of things to have some seeds grow them and let a group sell them for funds? Or is it to give them the seeds for them to grow.
          I was thinking if we got some flower seeds growing them for a charity then this would save them much needing funds and time.
          What is the policy/view?
          sigpic

Comment

You can use the seeds in whatever way you like NVG - however, there are no flower seeds in the pot, only veggie ones. Tomato plants sell well though

Comment

Ok thanks. Just thought I'd ask just to make sure its ok.
              sigpic

Comment

Last Orders by Sunday (tomorrow) night please

Comment

Could I put my name down to have a lucky dip selection please? We have a talk next month in the clubhouse on dahlia and fuchsia growing, and I thought that a seed swap at the same time would be fun. We've never done one before, but I think it would be a good idea.

I believe that we have a tin in the storeshed with some seeds in (needs investigating), and I have quite a lot of pea and bean seeds, but a few bits n bobs from the VSP would be a really helpful addition.

We have a school come and visit us a couple of times a year, so any extras I could offer to them.

Comment

The Pot Luck winners are:-

All of you who posted a request for seeds can have some from the VSP Pot Luck bucket
                    1. Darcyvuqua
                    2. Marcofez
                    3. Dotty R
                    4. All Digging
                    5. Hellybore (if you want to pass them to Thrive?)
                    6. Stu8706
                    7. Mothhawk
                    8. Noviceveggrower
                    9 Horticultural Hobbit
                    10. Hazel on the Hill.

Please PM me for my address. You need to send me a "large" stamp and your address and I'll send you some PotLuck seeds

Comment

Will do, Chick - I have the go-ahead from the Hill committee to conduct the seed swap! Will keep you all updated (and pics too )

Comment

Thanks VC x
                        In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Well done all, I have seen the parcel and it is truly of mighty proportions.

I would have put a local charities name in the hat had I spotted this before today!!

It gives people with learning difficulties a chance to work under supervision, they run a semi commercial garden centre. Last year they made some tentative steps towards growing some vegetable seeds in order to sell on rather than just shrubs and bedding plants.

This year they were looking at trying to create a working vegetable garden to supply vegetables to a council run restaurant on the same site. I would have donated the seeds to them, I'm not sure if they would have accepted donations of this kind, but I'm sure every little helps.

I'll put my hat in early for next year.
                          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Hello, Thanks for pulling me out of the hat
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh lovely, Thankyou so much.

Message coming now.
                              DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse