This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocoto chilli from last years chilli seed swap

I saved and distributed seeds from the above chilli last year.

Unfortunately this year I had very few ripen so have not been able to save some seeds!

Has anyone still got some from last year and if so can you pleasecsend me a few back? Please!

They are a great chilli to grow btw.

Newt

Loving my allotment!

There are seeds of Rokita in the VSP but when I follow the link it takes you to Rocoto. Is it the same thing?

Comment

Not sure which type yours were, but I've some spare saved Alberto's Locoto Rocoto, originally from Real Seeds if they are what you are looking for? I love them, super chillies.
      Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

I've got some Manzano rocoto red that I've saved from this year- your more than welcome to some - pm your address

Comment

Hi all,

They were rocoto pubescens....in little plastic packs.........they are a big thick skined round chilli.........

Are they the ones in the VSP?

Loving my allotment!

Comment

I'm afraid I haven't got any of that type of chilli seed but it now sounds like I have another one to add to my list of 'want to try'! I don't have any more room on that list though!
            http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Rocoto are the only chilli seeds that are black; so if the ones in the VSP are black, you should be pretty sure it's the same one.

However I think that Rokita are not Rocoto...only because I had some from the chilli circle and I don't remember them being anything other than the usual creamy coloured.

Rokita are on here - google automatically searched for Rokoto and they are different...

http://chilliesgrimsby.wordpress.com...chilli-season/
              Last edited by zazen999; 21-01-2013, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Any that were left from the seed parcel last year, were sent to the VSP...but I'll have a look after work and see if there's any here!

Comment

The VSP has Rokita from 3 different donors - but they're all labelled Rokita - no doubt! One's from VVG, another from BarleySugar received recently, marked - Large, Mild. The 3rd is in a plastic bag, labelled "Rokita (Hot)" and the seeds are normal yellowy brown colour.
                  I think you can safely say that none of them are Rocoto - sorry

Comment

I've just sent Rocoto seeds down to VC for the VSP parcel, still time to claim dibs on them

Comment

Thanks FF!! They're still en route - haven't had any post since Thursday because of the snow - will I today?? Depends on how adventurous the postie feels The VSP is uptodate at the mo!

Comment

Seeds just posted today, VC, so (touch wood, lucky white heather etc etc) you will get the seeds at the end of the week.

Comment

Great, thanks FF. I do like receiving seed envelopes - even when they're not for me

Comment

I do have some rocoto seeds saved from the plants I grew from your seed last year. Let me know if you still need any and I'll pop some in the post.
                            I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                            Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Would you believe I still have a Rocoto plant alive; in the outside inheated greenhouse? I checked it yesterday and yup, still going.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X