Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeh i'll be growing them in the greenhouse - apparently you just treat them like chilli's?. i will have a look at that link,

thanks,
    matt.

Comment

Originally posted by vicky View Post
      Not everything 'exotic' is difficult! Be brave!
      You could try a spangly lettuce (eg Freckles)
      I would love to join but can't think of anything exotic! BUT I have just sown some Freckles lettuce - so can I join?

Comment

Ok I have some bitter gourds/ balsam pear to contribute as well!
        Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

That sounds bizarre! Have you eaten them before?
          Bitter Melon (Bitter Gourd, Balsam Pear, <br>Ku Gua, Foo Gwah)

Comment

Good luck with the okra Matt. I've tried several times, and got seeds to germinate successfully, but then lost the plants as they got bigger. Not sure what I did wrong, maybe not warm enough in the greenhouse, or not bright enough (NE facing garden). They do have beautiful flowers, when I had a south facing garden with GH I did manage to grow them with reasonable success.
            I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
            Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

hmmm only time will tell

Comment

Just boosting this thread to see if anyone else is growing some fun veg that they's like to share?? Everyone welcome!

How's those already in the circle doing? My pumpkins are growing in their little pots in the g/h and the majority of BB sweetcorn is still around after an earlier feast by a family of mice...

Comment

I'm unsure whether to join. I'm growing Alexanders for the first time this year from roots somebody gave me last year, so I'm not sure that the seeds would have an acceptable germination and grow at all. What do you think, shall I wait for a year?

Comment

I'd be inclined to test a few over the winter inside of kitchen roll or similar to see what happens.
                    You ought to come down this way - it's rife in the roadside hedges!

Comment

OK, I'll do that.

Comment

well just to let you know where i am - i had 8 orka germinate, but only 4 have survived so far

Comment

Sounds a bit tenuous Matt!

Comment

I can do Red Orach, and possibly Stevia {thanks Jeanie ] if it grows, or Clary Sage if it flowers and if they aren't too pedestrian.

Comment

I've put you in at no. 12 taff, I'm really interested in the Stevia - lets hope it grows!

Comment

Tzimbalo Solanum Caripense - I have several of these on the go and they are looking very healthy.

Exotic plants, shrubs, trees - Solana Seeds scroll down to the bottom to see them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X