Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking of just google docs....a simple spreadsheet [not sure how much it would take to get a website up and running and all that....].

Comment

Super idea Zaz! just browsing would give me ideas of what to grow Googledocs would be an excellent platform as well as there is a chat function

Binley really does Know best!
      G4-Meteorological mastermind! Stone/String it's all covered!
      Jeanied- Makes your day complete!!
      PB- Masteress of Pumpkins!

I Don't Know who Dave is...But he's one cool Dude!
      I Once was a Tuber but with a little practice!!

Comment

yup i think it's a grand idea too!

Comment

Cool - well I'm happy to do the site if/when it comes to being needed Would need someone good at art to do some nice looking stuff though - I don't do that sort of stuff

I'll be able to host it too, nps.

Comment

Sounds like a cracking idea, good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
              Cool - well I'm happy to do the site if/when it comes to being needed Would need someone good at art to do some nice looking stuff though - I don't do that sort of stuff

I'll be able to host it too, nps.
              If we started on google docs, and decided to 'upgrade' if it was proving to be successful; would that be easily exported straight onto a different website?

I thought google docs as it would be easily set up to try it out.

Comment

It sounds like a great idea, but do have a good think before you commit yourself (to the library ) and dont be afraid to ask for help if its too much - I know a lot of people who would be willing to give you a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                  It sounds like a great idea, but do have a good think before you commit yourself (to the library ) and dont be afraid to ask for help if its too much - I know a lot of people who would be willing to give you a hand.
                  I'd start simple, say with 50-100 packs and add others in as it goes I think.

No way can I sit and document every packet that I have, and alot are being grown by me or the schools this year so it's the ones that I really won't use all of.....

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    If we started on google docs, and decided to 'upgrade' if it was proving to be successful; would that be easily exported straight onto a different website?

I thought google docs as it would be easily set up to try it out.
                    Yes, should be relatively straight forward to bulk import it into a database!

Let's take on the seed companies! We should get realseeds to sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                      Yes, should be relatively straight forward to bulk import it into a database!

Let's take on the seed companies! We should get realseeds to sponsor
                      Cheers Chris!

We'll run it for - say - 3 months and then review.....could end up a nice little community project

I'll make a start this weekend.

Comment

fab idea but as others have said a big commitment, ive got seeds I can send you.......

a thought about the 'money maker syndrome' what if someone else (me??) keeps the common type of seeds and we can donate them to schools or other groups, provided the asker meets the seed swap criteria in the first place....i know ive got loads of packets of money maker, courgettes etc which people on here dont necessarily want and they just sit taking space up in my seed tins
                        The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Absolutely.....when I was doing the seed parcels I would take out the more common ones and donate in bulk to schools....there's a thread on here somewhere about it.

Then the parcels started disappearing, hence the reduction in numbers.

Comment

I love the idea!
                            Would it only be for full packs, or for smaller quantities?
                            I really like being able to take just a few seeds out of a pack (for tomatoes, beans, chillis, etc) so that I can experiment to see if I like them or not - if wanted, I'm happy to source and donate some resealable plastic bags for this!

Also - the admin does sound as if it might get huge? and the posting? Perhaps it's worth just trying out
                            and definitely collecting the "popular seeds" - i.e. overmarketed varieties...

thanks for a great suggestion!
                            S

Comment

This sounds an excellent idea Zaz, you're a bu@@er for punishment aren't you? Thanks very much, I'm sure it will be a resounding success.
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Wow, what a task. But you're the woman up to it !
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X