This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i join in?

i think i get the idea- all members grow some chillies and spread out the harvested seeds at the end of the season? correct me if im wrong..

im currently growing hungarian hotwax, ceyanne, medusa(self saved) and habanero all germinated and looking good..
    May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
    Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

No 19 bigt1888

Comment

Many thanks!!!
        May the road rise to meet you,
        May the wind be always at your back,
        May the sun shine warm upon your face,
        The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
        Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

bhut jollokia,chocolate bhut jolokia

Comment

Philippakis - any reason for posting that?

Comment

Put my chili's into the unheated greenhouse in the backyard a few days ago, its situated next to a south facing concrete garage, which acts as a nice solar collector, radiating a nice warmth back into the greenhouse in the night, so is pretty much frost free! We had a mild frost last night, and all the chillis, peppers, aubergines and toms are fine, tho if a really hard frost os forecast we'll be bringing them in for the night!

Of the chillies I sowed, the following are growing on well......
              1x dorset naga
              3x orzoco
              7x naga jolokia
              1x scotch bonnet
              8x tokyo hot
              6x mohawk
              7x decayenne
              3x cayenne
              7x hot stuff
              2x chocolate habanero

Plus lots of peppers and aubergines and 9 toms up and in the greenhouse!

Am going to plant the later sown peppers and chillies this evening, along with brassicas, 1st cukes, salads, toms, more herbs and a few more bits n bobs! Going to be running ut of planting room on the windowsills and in the greenhouse soon!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Fab Mrs Dobby

Comment

Another 5 var of chilli and 5 var of pepper now sown, Tabasco, Demon Red, Jalapeno Summer Heat, Heatwave and Hot Stuff chillies and Sweet Chocolate, Gourmet, Worldbeater, Yolo Wonder and Sweet Summer Salad Peppers sown, 10 of each!

That brings my total to 15 types of chilli this year, shame I didnt manage to save some of the Santa Fe Grande or Aji Dulce seeds as I'd love to be growing these too! Ah well, always next year
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                    Put my chili's into the unheated greenhouse in the backyard a few days ago,
                    Whats the lowest temp chillis can withstand?

Comment

Some are more hardy than others, Davy. Although they are a summer plant (in this country anyway) I would think autumy warmth would be ok.
                      I hope that helps

Comment

Hi all, I know its a while away before any seeds are to be collected, but I wanted to touch base with everyone, & how are other members of the circle are getting along?
                        Anybody stuck or need advice, or want to re-think or finalise varieties for example? Anyone want to post pictures etc.....

Comment

No pics,sorry-either the camera or batteries are faulty,new phone not compatible with computer
                          All going fine,one has flower buds already,some lost their tips and are getting armpits.They live on a different window sills and seem to be quite happy over there(not putting them outside when it's frosty every morning).
                          I'd like to save one of black ones-either Chenzo or Pearl,will see how it goes as my 1st year with chillies was disastrous.

Comment

20 chillies safetly growing in the greenhouses at the plot, with another 24 going into the polytunnel (12 planned and 12 spares from the plant sale) tomorrow. First few types are producing flower buds, and the Naga Jolokia are now at 12" tall already!

30 pepper plants going into hothouse tomorrow too
                            Blessings
                            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Not finalising varieties; but I have so many peppers it's scarey in my greenhouse!

I'm picking the top ones and giving the others away.

Got a few Black Hungarians that are coming on nicely, which I am really pleased about as they are one of my faves.

Comment

Edit2:

I'm going to have to dip out of this one sorry.. I left my chillies go, and they've all died due to lack of time & an ill wife! Sorry, should have let you know earlier!
                                Last edited by chris; 05-05-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X