This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help my Dad please

My dad is looking for Daffodil peas - a variety he remembers growing in the past. I kind of remember the name, but can't find any reference to them anywhere. Dad is 80+ years old and has been gardening as long as I remember. If I could find him some D. peas he would be a very happy bunny and it would make a great Christmas gift. So help please if you can Thank you.
    Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
    -- Alfred E. Neumann
    http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

It might be worth getting in touch with the Heritage Seed Library? Although I've never seen them list anything like that, there still might be someone there who has heard of them? Or they might be able to suggest good starting points for a search.

Comment

Nothing showing up in internet searches (I'm sure you already tried).

Perhaps it was just a local name for them? Mine are called John Peas, because my friend John gave them to me...
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Is it a pea (presumed) or a daffodil-like flower you're after.

Perhaps it is a breed of yellow-flowered or trumpeted peas' flower?

I've also done the usual search and can find no useful info.

Could you ask your Dad for a description and perhaps that would nail down to a few likely candidates?

Its a beautiful and thoughtful thing you're trying to do and I hope you find what you're looking for - I'm sure it'll make his day when refound.

Best of luck in your quest.

Comment

This is probably nothing to do with what your dad is looking for but I came across some pretty yellow ( maybe 'daffodil yellow'?) mangetout peas (which say they're heritage so they may be an old variety), the flowers start off creamy coloured then turn purple/blue & the pods are bright yellow. They're called Golden Sweet Organic. Here's a link to some.
          The Vegetable Seed Store Pea Family Seeds
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X