Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't our oirish derry friend again was it????
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

a PPS. to my previous post.

I have since learned I am guilty on 2 counts and plead guilty as charged. It was the Christmas Card that did the damage to their purse. Be warned! Take Royal Mail advice when sending "Hand Made" best wishes.
      Last edited by zazen999; 13-11-2009, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I always try and double the postage i think it should be for "just in case" as i think that if you are sending something to someone, it is unkind to make them pay the excess.

Kx

Comment

On a slightly different but related matter can people who send SAE's for seeds just jot down there username somewhere on the envelope

I'm no detective

Comment

Hmmmm Now the question is does this apply to me.
            I'm very new to gardening so really don't have constructive advice to offer but I have been offering grape vine cuttings to people. Or is just for those who take and don't offer (I'm now in a panic as I enjoy taking the cuttings and finding they are rooting well, but i can't keep them all and enjoy offering them out to those that do want them (seems to be the only thing i can do that doesn't die on me, whomever said fig cuttings where easy never had my mum’s fig tree ).

Edit: all my typos made my eyes bleed 
            Last edited by too many weeds; 13-11-2009, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Don't Panic Mr Mainwaring erm Too Many Weeds, giving is good it's the ones that ask for seeds and never send anything and are not even on the vine for any other reason than to get free seeds off of people, you're just dandy as you are
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I've noticed a few times on other forums where a certain plant or something is mentioned then someone new joins, makes a post saying something along the lines of 'Oh I love peonies/strelitizias/salvias... but haven't got any/can't afford them/ sold all mine for charity/lost mine etc.' , gets offered some seeds/cuttings by someone & then disappears off into the sunset never to be heard from again. Not very nice! Also if someone openly offers seeds for a swap they make one post, then ask for the seeds then b*gger off again!
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

They don't know what their missing being part of the community here.
                  I'm not often vocal but I read a lot and it always lifts my heart to come on here.
                  I know when I plant FrostyFreckles ocha, fuss over it,harvest and eat it the whole experience will be much enriched by knowing that it came from a member of my great big happy family.
                  Izi.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                    ETA - I've just thought, surely on-line stamps aren't any good for sending on an SAE as they have a 'send by' date on them?
                    I use SmartStamp and it does me lil swede in when I have to go to the PO go get stamps for SAEs - grrrrr, stupid Postie I really can't understand the best before date at all
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Been a member for less than 20 minutes and have put a seed swap up. I dont want to be breaking the rules. Is this OK?

Comment

Over the last few years I have distribited thousands of free seeds of heritage and hard to get seeds at my own expense. Having seen some of those seeds used for commercial gain I am now even less nice than Zazen99 when it comes to freeloaders.

Comment

Originally posted by ammi View Post
                          Been a member for less than 20 minutes and have put a seed swap up. I dont want to be breaking the rules. Is this OK?
                          Hi ammi.

Your swap is ok - it is people who seed beg and start overloading people who are offering seeds by sending them Personal Messages - however you might want to put what seeds you are looking for in your swap, and ask a question about what you want to grow separately.

Comment

It's sad state of affairs that this thread even exists! whatever happened to a sense of honour and obligation!!!

PW bad enough to disappear with your seeds but to use for commercial gain - hurrumph!
                            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Thanks, I was getting a bit lost there

Comment

Grapes - you need to tell us if it happens!

Otherwise we are powerless to do anything about it.

You can forward one of their PMs to Me, Sarz, PW, Heywayne or Fi [in no particular order] and we will get right onto it.
                                Last edited by zazen999; 25-01-2010, 11:24 AM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X