Orach

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orach

I have orach seeds. Just send sae. They need to be sown this year and I've got no room!

What's orach?

Comment

It's a type of green. You can eat the small leaves in salad and cook the larger like spinach

Comment

I grew loads last year and my OH spent ages trying to get me to bin it....yesterday at Chelsea he was all 'what's that, I really like it'

as I gave it all away in seed swaps [I left it to go to seed as well].

I think we have some more growing - I spotted it this evening and I might have one more packet in the seed parcel that hasn't gone yet, I can pop a few seeds back out and sow them for him.

Comment

Thanks for the info Max,I considered it for a while but I haven't got a space really-just me being seed greedy(main reason I won't put my name down for Parcel Swap-there would be nothing left)

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999
            I grew loads last year and my OH spent ages trying to get me to bin it....yesterday at Chelsea he was all 'what's that, I really like it'

as I gave it all away in seed swaps [I left it to go to seed as well].

I think we have some more growing - I spotted it this evening and I might have one more packet in the seed parcel that hasn't gone yet, I can pop a few seeds back out and sow them for him.
            What does it grow like & taste like zazen? Me and a mate were just reading about it in Jekka's herb book, by coincidence!
            Last edited by smallblueplanet; 24-05-2009, 07:17 PM.
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X