No announcement yet.

Cheap seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Romans is great. He has a massive massive range of seed potatoes, but the seeds are cheaply packed but still good quality.
    and many of the potatoes come from me!!

Comment

Alan Romans is cheap! The selection is not great (apart from potatoes) and the site is a pain to navigate but if you can find what you want it's great.

Comment

Adam, I am really fascinated by your postings here. There is a guy selling cucumber seeds on e-bay which he says managed to slip into the pocket of someone working for a seed company. Apparently, they are brilliant croppers and you can use the seeds for the following year and so on and so on and they come up good every year. So there is truth in the fact that the good seeds are kept away from us then?? I might try these seeds off e-bay!
        Jools

Comment

adam, i tried asking this question earlier but it got lost, or i can't find it again. not that i don't know much about computers etc. that's my story! i want some turnip seed, not white turnip, but the old fashioned sweet 'neep' that goes with haggis. i was told the farmers have them for their sheep. can you enlighten me, please.
          jimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Fletcher View Post
            Snadger, I can beat that. At our allotment sites the seeds are free (donated by an extra special seed company ). Beat that !!
            Adam, can you tell us which seed company?

Comment

Rusty Lady I can tell you which one. The allotments are on Adams land and he donates all the seeds.
              [

Comment

Jimbo your question about swedes is in Allotment Advice. You want the thread Suppliers Of Seed Potatoes, Onion Sets dated 3/11. Go to the second page and your question is #37. You got a few replies.
                [

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
                  Rusty Lady I can tell you which one. The allotments are on Adams land and he donates all the seeds.
                  Do they stay on his sites, or is he prepared to send them elsewhere (for trial purposes of course?)

Comment

Rusty Lady I will ask him for you.
                    [

Comment

Rusty Lady as promised I have asked Adam about 'trialing' his seeds. Unfortunately he doesn't let them out of his sight so I am afraid the answer is no.
                      [

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
                        Jimbo your question about swedes is in Allotment Advice. You want the thread Suppliers Of Seed Potatoes, Onion Sets dated 3/11. Go to the second page and your question is #37. You got a few replies.
                        many thanks. my answer to computer problems is 10th floor and let it go. i will go and get lost in the wires again.jimbo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X