Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthbabe
    replied
    Fancy the purple mange tout peas myself. They'll go nicely with the purple climbing and dwarf french beans and the purple potatoes!!

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    Cheers Adam, would be good if you have as I've drawn a blank everywhere else. I have tracked a Yellow podded mange tout pea down that sounds interesting though !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Nick, I know this post has been about for ages but I never got round to reading it. I think we have some of the yellow podded broad beans in cold storage in our american base (I think that they are called yellow long or something like that). I will have a look on our database in and hour or so and will tell you if I have some then

Leave a comment:

• Lesley Jay
    replied
    8 O' clock will be just fine Nick! Can't wait!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    Perish the thought, I go round to Madam whiplash for that sort of thing.

8 O' clock OK LJ ?

Leave a comment:

• mandyballantyne
    replied
    Not on the allotment I hope, PJ's are one thing

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    I am Mandy but I'm tied up this week end. Not busy just in to bondage

Leave a comment:

• mandyballantyne
    replied
    Hi Nick,

I am at Glee this weekend, a garden and pet trade show. I will have a looky while I am there.

You anywhere near Birmingham? I could probably get you a pass.

Mandy

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    You can but dream Nick.

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    Thanks Mandy,

I worked out what it should have been & had a luck. They are a flat podded French bean, not what I'm after I'm afraid, but thanks for thinking of me.

The ones I'm after will be classed as a heritage variety & there's a good chance they are now extict wich will be a shame as they sound really decorative. I'm trying all sorts of avenues but so far no good. Still I'll keep bumping this to the top in the hopes that a newbies mails me with a load of seed

Leave a comment:

• mandyballantyne
    replied
    HI Nick,

Not 100% sure there are a few types and I am new to this! Try this link, it is a US company if they won't ship direct I will get my sister in law to post them to you.

http://www.felcopruners.net/catalog.0.html10.0.html

M

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    Link doesn't work for some reason Mandy. Are these Broad beans or Climing French beans?

Leave a comment:

• mandyballantyne
    replied
    Sorry forgot the picture
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mandyballantyne
    replied
    Hi Nick,

Have you tried www.fecoprunners.net Not exactly local but they have what I think you are looking for?? There looks to be 2 types near the bottom of the page.

Sorry if I am wrong

Mandy

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    It's becoming a bit of a quest this one LJ.

It was mentioned in the Victorian Kitchen Garden video so I've just e-mailed the webmaster of the village to see If Harry Dodson is still alive, he's be 86 now so fingers crossed.

If I can get a name out of him I may be in with a shout of tracking it down other wise it looks like its extinct

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X