X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paula.berriman View Post
    Hi

Im new and havent done many posts however i am interested in seed swapping (always have too many seeds especially when GYO keeps putting them on the magazine). I have read the rules and wanted to know if i can offer seeds but not receive them at least until i get 25 posts. That way im contributing to my "trustworthyness" and not reaping any benefits until i have been on here for a little while longer.

Thanks

Paula
    Can't see any harm in that Paula.

The guidance is really there to deter unscrupulous 'Grapes' coming in and taking seeds from generous Grapes. Giving is a different matter.

Post a thread on the seed swap and list what you want to get rid of.

Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by HeyWayne; 15-03-2010, 04:19 PM.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
      Can't see any harm in that Paula.

The guidance is really there to deter unscrupulous 'Grapes' coming in and taking seeds from generous Grapes. Giving is a different matter.

Post a thread on the seed swap and list what you want to get rid of.

Thanks for sharing.
      Great thanks for getting back to me.

Comment

Hey Paula. don't forget to post what you are looking for too. You may not get it but the fact that you are putting in does allow you to try to get some back. Wanna buy some Sarracenias? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean.

Sorry I go like this at parties.

P.S. Haven't seen Dal for a while, Mods. Have you scared him off?
        Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
        >
        >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Actually. If I can be a bit more serious (not that I am very often). Is there any way somebody can be 'reported' for reaching a deal and then not sticking to it? No names (of course) but I agreed with a grape to send him some gooseberry cuttings in southern Europe and he would send me a rooted olive. When I was about to send he asked could I also send some grafting cuttings off my Cox's tree. I did. And of course I am still waiting for even a thank you. Now it is only the priciple that is a big deal (the 'thank you' would have helped). The £3 postage was slightly irrelevant but it is very annoying to be taken for a mug.

Comment please Mods.
          Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
          >
          >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
            Actually. If I can be a bit more serious (not that I am very often). Is there any way somebody can be 'reported' for reaching a deal and then not sticking to it? No names (of course) but I agreed with a grape to send him some gooseberry cuttings in southern Europe and he would send me a rooted olive. When I was about to send he asked could I also send some grafting cuttings off my Cox's tree. I did. And of course I am still waiting for even a thank you. Now it is only the priciple that is a big deal (the 'thank you' would have helped). The £3 postage was slightly irrelevant but it is very annoying to be taken for a mug.

Comment please Mods.
            Just a quick PM to any Mod should get it looked into.

It's why we set up the amended seed swap rules as generous, genuine Grapes were being taken advantage of.

We don't like Grapes being taken advantage of.

Drop us a PM.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X