X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms-T
    replied
    Please let me know who's in for is in for this swap...so we can sort something out.
    I don't mine doing it .
    i have only Pyramid cluster chile. from real seeds

If people can let me know on here, that would be great.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Paulieb
    replied
    Hi all,
    I'm keen to join this swap. I have Kristian and Nigels isolated and saved from Realseeds.

Any thoughts on numbers and when we might be all in a position to be sending/swapping.

Cheers
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Jonny.D
    replied
    Originally posted by SimpleSimon View Post

Have you isolated all of those? Hab peach and 7 pot BBG I'd defo be interested in.
    Hab peach - Have plenty of isolated seeds
    7 Pot BBG - Only a few Isolated as there aren't many seeds in a pod and only a few of those are good.

Leave a comment:

• farendwoman
    replied
    So much trouble putting a photo in.
    sorry folks to give you all these!!

Leave a comment:

• farendwoman
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	92A0EF97-780F-4E39-A99A-313EE68A5CA2.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	2508865Click image for larger version

Views:	323
ID:	2508864Click image for larger version

Views:	309
ID:	2508863 Not massive harvests from any of mine other than razzamatazz - but still pleased to have grown them.
    All chillies, I would add, from last years chilli circle , so thank you all!
    looking forward very much to trying different varieties next year.

Leave a comment:

• SimpleSimon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonny.D View Post
    My list,

7 Pot Bubblegum
    Bhut Orange Copenhagen
    Big Sun
    Carolina Reaper & Peach Bhutt Cross
    Corbaci - Sweet Pepper
    Dorset Naga
    Frigitello - Sweet Pepper
    Habanero Peach
    Habanero Orange
    Hot Jamaican Yellow
    Jalapeno Chocolate
    Maui Purple
    Padron
    Serrano
    Venezulan Tiger

Have you isolated all of those? Hab peach and 7 pot BBG I'd defo be interested in.

Leave a comment:

• SimpleSimon
    replied
    I'm ready whenever. I have a few different ones but likely will be sending a sweet pepper unless any objects. Sweet choc from real seeds. It was great. Super early and really tasty. Looks great too. Isolated a whole plant in a seperate greenhouse so have plenty of seeds.

Leave a comment:

• stigs
    replied
    What date will we be sending seeds, I have a good few that will take a while to ripen, my reapers are still green and hard

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
    Hi Scarlet,will the two forums be in one seed swap. So us here would be able to share seeds with VC & SP etc it would include more people in the swap?
    Probably not JJ, hopefully there will be enough interest here.

Leave a comment:

• Jonny.D
    replied
    My list,

7 Pot Bubblegum
    Bhut Orange Copenhagen
    Big Sun
    Carolina Reaper & Peach Bhutt Cross
    Corbaci - Sweet Pepper
    Dorset Naga
    Frigitello - Sweet Pepper
    Habanero Peach
    Habanero Orange
    Hot Jamaican Yellow
    Jalapeno Chocolate
    Maui Purple
    Padron
    Serrano
    Venezulan Tiger

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Hi Scarlet,will the two forums be in one seed swap. So us here would be able to share seeds with VC & SP etc it would include more people in the swap?

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Well I usually say try for 5 seeds minimum per person. 6-8 average but if the numbers are small per pod 3 or 4 is acceptable. There doesn't seem to be many participants yet. But on average there could well end up 12...or just half a dozen. With that in mind you will need at least approx 50 seed per variety - that would cover 10 peeps comfortably but you could always eek more out if needed. It is a bit of a guessing game early on. But if you could only manage to save 30 seeds that would be better than nothing. I find that home saved seed usually germinates very well so I think people would be happy with 3 seeds each at a push?

Leave a comment:

• stigs
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Save something that you know is true to type - so not the white one. And try to choose a couple that no one else has mentioned. Don't put your hope on a single variety as sometimes you can open a pod and there aren't many seed/ they aren't mature/ pods drop off etc.
    I was thinking of saving some seeds from all of them ( I will exclude the white ) I was more interested in how many seeds from each variety, for instance Aji Crystal doesn't have many seeds per pod so I have already isolated 5 pods.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Save something that you know is true to type - so not the white one. And try to choose a couple that no one else has mentioned. Don't put your hope on a single variety as sometimes you can open a pod and there aren't many seed/ they aren't mature/ pods drop off etc.

Leave a comment:

• stigs
    replied
    Count me in, how many people will be in the share so I know how many seeds to isolate ?, are there any varieties I should not save seeds from ?
    here is my current list

Lemon Drop
    Sweet Boneta
    Royal Black
    Bishops Crown
    Bulgarian Carrot
    Chenzo
    Naga
    Baileys Pequin
    Satans Kiss
    Diamond White
    Fish
    Tricolour Variegatum
    Oscar
    White ( not sure of real name it is a reliable medium heat very pale yellow not white turns to red at the last moment )
    Champion
    Pimento De Padron
    Black Hungarian
    orozco
    Trinidad Scorpion
    Serrano
    Red Ecuador
    P Pepper
    Pequin
    Fresno
    Ancho Grande
    Aji Crystal