No announcement yet.

Rosemary going downhill.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's worth repotting and put in more drainage, and make sure there's nothing to pool the water under the pot, so no 'saucer' if you like.

I rescued mine when it got too wet when I moved the location of the pot, by repotting with lots more grit.
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Not overwatered and kept in well dained compost.

The ipad is the same as I have used here before when the site had no issues. The image file sizes are small taken with it. Even when cropped they still fail here.

Comment

Well despite keeping over winter, dry in the greenhouse 2 more plants have died, as well as the cutting I took and kept. I have Rosemary seeds, shall I try those instead ?

Comment

I have never had trouble with rosemary.
          I got one from a garden center and knocked it out of the pot and put it in the clay over limestone soil and it got to chest height before I took cuttings and grubbed it out.
          I grow it as a hedge between our front garden and next door and it flowers every year.
          Years ago I took seed from one in a council border and grew it in an inside out car tire and it flowered and self seeded into the top of a brick wall and hung over the back garden of a pub with lots of flowers. It appeared to do fine in old crumbling cement.
          The one in the ground by my front door got crushed a couple of years ago when a visitor got drunk and fell on it. I just pruned the broken bits off and it grew back fast.
          I must take some more cuttings as the ones I took to the allotment did not like being transplanted in all that wet weather.
          Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Maybe you should persuade yourself that you don't like rosemary, Marb67....

Mine grows fine outside in a hot spot, but I'm thinking of pulling it out as it's absolutely infested with rosemary beetle, which I don't want spreading to my lavender hedge. I keep cutting off branches covered in beetles, but more appear, and now I've seen a beetle on my Russian sage too. Yeech!
            Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X