Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bramble
    replied
    My Rosemary is sat out on the back step in a large pot.
    It's a mass of flowers at the moment.
    Potted and growing in very course sandy soil with some grit around the stem to keep it from being waterlogged.
    Cut it back and report it Marb.

Leave a comment:

• nickdub
    replied
    Knock it out of the pot and have a look at the roots. If all seems well, cut off the dead stuff on top as part of it looks quite healthy. As has been said re-pot in a gritty compost and soak the pot in a bucket of water for an hour, then put it somewhere warm and dry to see how it goes.

If you're unsure when examining the roots, post another pick showing them please.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Rosemary thrives in well drained sandy soil...your compost, although fairly dry looking doesn't look particularly sandy?
    They also don't like cold wet roots.

My rosemary grows well in my sandy garden but that too has had quite a bit of dieback this year.
    Can't answer your question marb, but maybe it needs a lighter , sandier compost?
    Could the frost have got to it?

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-y...herbs/rosemary

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    My rosemary lives outside all year round Marb, maybe you have shown it too much love ?

Leave a comment:

• Marb67
    started a topic Rosemary going downhill.

Rosemary going downhill.

Why oh why when I buy a new plant does it end up dying ? I overwintered it in the cold greenhouse out the frost. Not kept the compost damp or anything but now it’s ended up like this
    Click image for larger version

Name:	A735EBBB-215F-4AAE-A19B-CF9C40B24FD8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	2405665
    Last edited by Marb67; 26-03-2018, 11:31 AM.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X