No announcement yet.

Banana mint

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skopelos is used to living on an island so he should feel right at home with you.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Skopelos is used to living on an island so he should feel right at home with you.
      Probably a slightly warmer island

I keep forgetting to say while we're on the mint topic.
      On GQT last year sometime. They said if you keep different verities together they will eventually all smell the same. Can't remember if they said taste the same as well!

I have found this to be true ( but not realising until GQT mentioned it ). I used to have 3 varieties to a container. When I decided to separate, it was only possible by visual difference. I thought they were all smelling the same because I'd been rubbing and sniffing so many my brain was playing tricks on me. Turns out my brain is perfectly normal ( ish ) and it was the mint.

Anyone else experienced this.

Comment

I have Basil, Skopelos and a crinkly leaved one next door to each other. The crinkly one is spearminty but the other 2 I have problems with as I rub the leaves one after the other and have to, consciously, change hands/fingers if I want to smell both.
        Wonder what the distance between each should bee to stop them cross-smelling?

Comment

I have no idea!
          I wasn't sure if it would apply to free ranging ones or just ones in pots?

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
            Probably a slightly warmer island

I keep forgetting to say while we're on the mint topic.
            On GQT last year sometime. They said if you keep different verities together they will eventually all smell the same. Can't remember if they said taste the same as well!

I have found this to be true ( but not realising until GQT mentioned it ). I used to have 3 varieties to a container. When I decided to separate, it was only possible by visual difference. I thought they were all smelling the same because I'd been rubbing and sniffing so many my brain was playing tricks on me. Turns out my brain is perfectly normal ( ish ) and it was the mint.

Anyone else experienced this.
            Useful info, thanks SP. I bought four mints at a food fair recently (strawberry, chocolate, apple and, erm, can't remember the last one) and haven't potted them up yet. Was considering putting them in one pot but it will be separate ones now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X