No announcement yet.

Banana mint

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll sort out a little selection for you and get them in the post early next week.
    I've already got Eau de cologne

Comment

I'll do the same for you. You're having some Skopelos whether you want it or not. I grow it alongside a path where the dogs brush against it and its gorgeous. Don't know whether its Eau de Cologne or not - if you can compare them you may be able to decide.

Comment

Thank you VC

Comment

I've had banana mint (smells nice but tender), along with the usual crew - spearmint, red mint, peppermint, eau de cologne mint, basil mint, ginger mint. They all seem to be variants of mentha x piperata, and hybridise readily.

I also like Indian Mint (satureja not mentha) and Emperor Mint (Micromeria) and, of course, Calamint (Calamintha). Worth seeking out.

Comment

Red mint ? I've not seen or heard of that.......Runs off to google

I don't like calamint the smell makes me feel really quite ill

Comment

How about Hairy Mountain Mint?? https://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/item..._pilosum_seeds
              I have seeds

Comment

Never heard of that one either. Very pretty flowers. Almost orchid like.

Comment

Not sure how viable the seeds are - I had them in 2016 - but I'll send you some and you can find out!!

Comment

Thanks VC. You're a very kind chicken

Comment

Your mint is on its way VC

Comment

It appears there are a few Red Mints. This one is Mentha x smithiana.

https://gardenerskitchen.co.uk/herb_...&vid=202&f=D-P

Comment

Anyone ever grow Monardella odoratissima (also known as Coyote mint)? Not a mentha but a great plant I had once in 2002, but never seen since.

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                            Your mint is on its way VC
                            Its arrived. Thank you very much. They're all potted up and labelled so I won't confuse them. The stems on the Lime Mint are almost purple - lovely!

The postman hand delivered them. He stood at the door, holding out the parcel, looking a bit scared. So I told him it didn't bite and was quite safe.
                            "Is it cake?"
                            No, its a Box of Mints. He probably thinks they're After 8s.

Your mints are on their way today. Hope they travel as quickly back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ocelot View Post
                              Anyone ever grow Monardella odoratissima (also known as Coyote mint)? Not a mentha but a great plant I had once in 2002, but never seen since.
                              Never heard of it Ocelot. Time for a goggle..............

https://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx...a+odoratissima
                              Last edited by veggiechicken; 12-06-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Mint has arrived VC thank you

Now potted up and Seeds are sown.

Will do a comparison between skopelos and Eau de cologne when skopelos has rested after his long journey

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X