Dill - gone already?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dill - gone already?

I have a Dill plant with 3 long stems (of which 2 have gone yellowish) and I've eaten all the leaves that I can find (worth only a tablespoon of herbs). So is that it? No more herbs?

Dill looks so much similar to fennel but my fennel is producing non-stop supply of herbs so a bit puzzled why dill isn't behaving the same.
    Food for Free

The short answer is thats all dill does. You can try leaving the stem and leaves untill the flower head starts to form, then cut the stem to an inch of its base. If you are lucky another stem will grow producing a fresh crop of leaves in late summer.
    Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Comment

Hi Veg4681,

The reason that the Fennel is still all green and lovely and the Dill not is that Fennel is a perennial and Dill an annual.

Happy Gardening
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Do fennel and dill taste the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
          Do fennel and dill taste the same?
          Errrhhh...good question . I only had about a teaspoon off the dill to try and can't remember much of the taste. Fennel is much stronger taste/smell but it may have been because I could 'tons' on my cooking. Sorry not much help but hopefully someone who's more familiar with these two herbs will give their opinions. I'm liking the fennel as it's still thriving in the garden as somone pointed out its perennial.
          Food for Free

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X