No announcement yet.

Vertical Herb Garden

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see you have lovage on your list. Do remember that it is a very tall plant.

That's not me BTW
    Attached Files
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

That picture made me laugh mothhawk. Thank you for that education, lovage was on the list of what works in the shade and I never thought to check how big it grows when I made my list of plants to consider. As you can tell it will not work for me in the vertical herb garden.

I have done some seed shopping now one of the things I'm most looking forward to having lots of and planting in the vertical garden is Dorothy rouse's suggestion about alpine strawberries. I added them to a seed order I placed online today with Premier Seed Direct on ebay. 100 seeds, so hoping to have success with them after reading up about them they sound really tasty too and don't make it to the supermarket because they are thin skinned and don't transport well.

Comment

im also a newbie and making a pallet vertical planter very similar to you, but im putting in strawberries. i am planing on growing lavander in the top open end, as i can always prune it back. im hoping that they will grow back every year but im worried about how good the soil will be? instructions on how to make these are all over the internet but i can't actually find anybody whose tried an tested it, or reviews on how well the plants did in it!? Please keep us informed of how you get on!
        lostontheplot.wordpress.com

Comment

Lavender prefers poor, dryish soil, so you should be ok.

I have grown sage, rosemary, lovage etc in pots successfully (large ones), although they will do better in the ground.

I do like the idea of using a pallet vertically and putting long narrow planters in them against a wall. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X