No announcement yet.

so many herbs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldnt live without sage (purple leaved to add some extra colour to the herb bed) and rosemary for sprinkling on the bbq coals for their aroma, and coriander for the currys (but if you grow this for the seeds, beware cos it stinks!). Oh, and love basil as well ... think I'd better stop there!!
    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

My standard herbs are sage (got the purple one), parsley, rosemary, lavender (use it with lamb - fantastic) hyssop, basil and lovage. Can't stand mint!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

chives, use a lot of these (trying garlic 1s this time as well), coriander, sage, thyme, rosemary are the 1s i use most, love cooking and always '...add a few bits...' as i call it, cooked some chicken with garlic, chilli and coriander and gave my son some for his tea, he loved it but dare not tell him what i had added because he wouldn't eat it otherwise lol! i add herbs to lots of sandwiches as well, egg mayo with cheese, chives and a touch of chilli is lovely! yum, yum!

Comment

There are many kinds of herbs and our take on it is you should grow the ones that you use frequently. we grow the following:

Rosemary - Used with Lamb (My favorite) and roast potatoes
          Sage - Stuffing and sage butter sauce
          Parsley - Used in almost everything (Especially stews)
          Chives - Lovelt in mashed potato and salads
          Basil - Essential for pasta sauces
          Oregano - excellent on pizza and roast potatoes
          Thyme - Good in stuffing, roast potatoes and stews
          Corriander - Excellent for curries (Difficult to grow outside in my expierience)
          Mint - a must for lamb

Hope this helps
          Last edited by matthew77; 27-05-2007, 08:43 AM. Reason: (Forgot Mint!!!)
          If practice makes perfect and nobodys perfect, why practice?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X