Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourcing seeds / young plants - advice needed

Hi all,

I'm hoping to have my first try at growing some herbs, (actually my first go at growing anything for that matter) in a bed on our decking area.

I seem to be finding lots of websites that sell seeds of the same plant in quantities of 200+.

Does anyone know where I can get a mix of some relatively hardy starter herb seeds or plants ideally including oregano, basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme and chives?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Smiiithy

Most firms do a packet of mixed herbs, and so do the Poundshops. Rosemary grows better from cuttings.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
      Most firms do a packet of mixed herbs, and so do the Poundshops. Rosemary grows better from cuttings.
      Now being a good time to take those cuttings
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

^ ^ Rosemary roots easily if you stand the cuttings in a glass of water.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          Now being a good time to take those cuttings
          ... from your neighbour's plants

Most neighbourhoods seem to have rosemary growing in at last one garden. Nip off a few bits that are overhanging the pavement (but obviously don't go and raid the ones in the actual garden)
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X