Wild Drugs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Drugs

Being a newbie here, I am not sure if someone already mentioned it somewhere around, but just received my copy of Wild Drugs by Zoe Hawes over the post today and found it very useful, so just quickly wanted to share with you that the book is on sale at the moment and costs just 1 pound at The Book People website (please let me know if the thread is considered not informative and is against the rules, and I will remove it straight away).

Looks like a good book to me! I'd be interested to hear if any of them work for you!
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I have this book too - its very good! Many of the plants featured are those we consider to be weeds, like couch grass, nettle, Shepherd's purse and Sticky Willy - but they all have their uses! It worth buying just for that!!

Comment

I am a big fan of Chamomile, Jeanie. I can honestly say it has helped me on several occasions. Also heard, that if planted next to a struggling plant, could help it as well The rest of the wild herbs, mentioned in the book are still to be tested. I will come back to you as soon as I do it

Oh, and wild garlic, of course! It has amazing properties, I can confirm for sure As to the Nettle, my grandma makes a wonderful dinner out of it. Very tasty - with some Greek style cheese and garlic in it... It is said to be full of iron - similar levels to the spinach ones.
        Last edited by da_ra; 07-08-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X