Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What herbs are you going to grow in June?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What herbs are you going to grow in June?

I'm just curious, and may be inspired.

Probably just basil (I got a huge pack of cheap T&M seeds in an offer) if I can get to the stage of affording compost this month. Not at all exciting, though one of em might have crinkly leaves!
    Last edited by Rabidbun; 01-06-2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I have grown two kinds of basil in a greenhouse, forgot the names though, they have done very well.

Comment

At home in pots:
        Basil
        Oregano

Going to the plot this weekend:
        Bronze Fennel
        Fenugreek
        Rosemary
        Oregano
        Sage
        Basil (I've too much already!!) - planning on letting this self seed.
        Erm... and a load of stuff I bought at the garden centre the other week (oops - impulse buy).

Comment

Basil, parsley, mint, oregano, tarragon, hyssop, savoury, marjoram gold and standard, sage, rosemary, dill, chervil, borage, chives already growing in pots or in my garden. I start in March on my windowsills.
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Have got the perennial/biennials. Rosemary, oregano, thyme, sage. Have a good bed of parsley from last year, which is going to seed, but have plants to replace them.

Must sow basil in pots for when tomatoes are ready.

Two others must sow in the ground are dill and chervil.

Mint I despair of. I bought some from Waitrose last year, which was lovely. I rooted cuttings, and potted up two tubs. This year, one tub completely dead, and the other struggling. I thought it was impossible to kill mint.Smiley, smiley.

valmarg

Comment

Ooh forgot I grow thyme and chamomile in my path cracks
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Mmmm, now where do I start. I grow all my herbs in pot's in my herb corner, the list is being added to as I discover new herbs. Most of them I'll be saving the seeds for the Herb parcel.
                Bay bush.
                Mint...lime, apple, moroccan, orange, ginger, common.
                Basil... liquorice, thai, lemon, cinnamon, sweet, genovese, purple ruffles.
                Dill.
                Coriander...common, lemon.
                Rosemary.
                Oregano.
                Thyme...3 types.
                Sage...common, variegated.
                Marjoram.
                Fenugreek.
                Borage.
                Chervil.
                Hyssop.
                Stevia.
                Tarragon.
                Summer savoury.
                Parsley...giant of Italy, curly moss.
                Garlic.
                Garlic chives.
                Chives.
                Par-cel.
                Lavender.
                Scented geranium.
                Saffron crocus.
                Cumin.
                I'm sure I'll be adding to this list.

Comment

That reminds me, I'll sow some fenugreek seeds!
                  Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

I'm getting some purple sage this month. We visited a NT walled garden and they had purple sage growing alongside golden marjoram - the contrast was beautiful.
                    Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                    So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I bought a brand new packet of lovage, as the ones I had from a seed parcel (not sure which one) didnt germinate at all. I have some fengugreek to sow too, and I have just done a second batch of coriander. I cant grow thymne (at all, even when I buy a plant it still dies) or basil from seed...

Comment

P.S. to my earlier post, I also have french tarragon, which I rooted from a bag of supermarket sprigs. I have some planted in the garden wich survived the winter.

valmarg

Comment

just starting my new herb planters
                          cheated though this year.....Wyvale in Bicester had 6 for £10 so had 2 lots

oh, and chocloate mint smells just like after eight mints

Comment

chocolate mint does smell like after eights. Delicious. Mine is in but needs a bit more encouragement to thrive before I can start picking.

I have also got (all in pots in the garden)

Moroccan Mint (left over from supermarket stuff I rooted a few years ago- getting to the woody stage now!)
                            Apple Mint
                            Chives
                            Sage
                            Curly Parsley
                            Flat-leaved parsely (more supermarket survivors)
                            Rosemary
                            Lavender
                            Lemon Thyme
                            various types of Nasturtium (a flower I guess, but I use it in cooking like a herb, grew them from seed)
                            Lime basil (another seed one, not doing brilliantly but it is keeping the beasties off the tomatoes)

and I have just planted
                            Purple basil -my seeds have sprouted and are just about to put out their true leaves
                            Perilla - had the seeds in the fridge, now they are in a pot, but it is apparently one that germinates if and when it wants so will have to see if anything happens (and what on earth it tastes like when it does)

I really want some more mint (love the stuff) and some lemongrass. Got my fingers crossed for the basil too- seems to be the one thing I can't ever get to thrive, gutting as I could live off of pesto!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X