Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basil in a Tunnel?

Bladdy basil!

I grew some from seed this year, but it doesn't seem to be happy anywhere...

It was originally in my blowaway (when the weather was good), but I then moved it to a sunny windowsill (no central heating). It doesn't seem to like it there; but I'm sure it's way too cold and windy to put it outside...

Will it like my polytunnel? I've got a pretty stable temperature of (mostly) high teens-low twenties, even on nasty, rainy, windy days; and the sprinklers are on every morning and evening.....

basil likes hot, and not too much wet, a good soaking every now and again will do it.
    it'll do better in your tunnel than outside

Comment

I grew some in the tunnel last year and it loved it - went truely mad and way bigger than I'd managed in the past. It survived quite happily with no attention and probably insufficient water until it eventually went to seed.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Mine went in the tunnel last night, got a darn good soaking and still looked healthy this morning.... *fingers crossed*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X