How many coriander plants?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many coriander plants?

If you are growing where they are sown, how many coriander plants can you expect to squeeze into a 5inch pot?

Actually, quite a lot. And I take the following as a guideline normally:
    If you buy a pot of 'forced' coriander/basil/chives/parsley etc. from a supermarket, there are huge amounts of seedlings within the same pot. And if you visit a garden area within places like Homebase these days, Jamie Oliver has got his name and his face on virtually every bit of cardboard or plastic there, and all the seedlings that are in the Cardboard Carrier of Herbs, if you catch them early enough, are at the right stage for pricking out individually and you can potentially prick all of them out, either for your own use, or for selling on to raise money for your Village Fete/Show/Fayre.

I like to prick the seedlings out into small 'clumps' and when you can actually 'SEE' them growing in the new compost, you can pinch the tips of each seedling out, which then stimulates the rest of the plant lower down to start growing, and THEN, my friend, you're going to have a beautiful herb plant that will ultimately rock'n'roll for you.

Comment

I've had great success with coriander seeds that I bought for cooking with.
      !
      Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X