Why are they dying

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are they dying

Hi, I purchased three pots of herbs, Parsley & thyme i think form B&Q last weekend when i was picking up some other things.

Anyway i have now had them at home for a week and have given them a light watering in the pots they were supplied in every 2 days or there abouts.

Anyway they appear to be dying! Why? Should i get them out in the garden ASAP or something else?

Any help greatly appreciated.

P.S. Please read my other thread it could be an interesting experiment http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ead.php?t=5215

Are they in a nice bright place? Is the soil dry before you water?
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Yes the soil is pretty dry but i dont think excessively and they are also on a table in a south facing conservatory so it doesnt get much brighter

Comment

If bought at B&Q were they in the outdoor nursery section? If so they would have been hardened off ready for planting outdoors. If you bring them indoors they will react badly to central heating and shortage of light! You will also have to harden them off again before planting outdoors. A cold frame or cold greenhouse would be needed for hardening off. Parsley is a Biennial and Thyme is a perennial so once established they should be able to cope with outdoor conditions.
        The 'pot herbs' you buy in supermarkets will thrive on a windowsill though!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I bought a pot of parsley from the supermarket on Friday - marked down from £1.99 to 39p - just because it was on it's last day before 'sell by'.

Fabulous plant - nothing wrong with it at all.

Comment

I'd be inclined to keep both outside given where you are mlocke. As snadger says if you have brought them indoors they may need a short period of hardening off but my thyme and parsley have been fine all winter outside. I would expect yours to be ok too. Unless you are in a weird frost pocket or something.
            Bright Blessings
            Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X