mint pests

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mint pests

Every year my mint seems to be coming up nicely (in a pot). It then starts to go brown & lacy. I have just picked a couple of sprigs & given them a good wash. There at the bottom of the jug was a tiny green caterpillar.
    Any ideas on what it is, & ,more importantly, how can I stop this happening. Even the roots I potted up a month ago have gone.
    I even tried, last year, turning the pot on its side & spraying it with the hose every week, to no avail !!

You've just got to be vigilant where caterpillars are concerned: pick over the plant every week or so
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      You've just got to be vigilant where caterpillars are concerned: pick over the plant every week or so
      They are so tiny, you would need a magnifying glass to seee them on the plant!

Comment

I suspect your brown mint is due to drying out, not so much caterpillar damage (although the holes would be).

I keep my mints in a semi-shaded spot, because they hate drying out.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Check out this page of caterpillars. Do any of them match your one?
          Horticultural Development Company - B7 - Caterpillars

(Haven't pilfered any of these for my site yet, so can't to a merciless plug )
          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
          Snadger - Director of Poetry
          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Sorry, don't have any problems with anything eating my mint. What size pots are they in and where do you keep them?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X