Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting herbs in July?

Hello.

Can anyone tell me if there are any herbs that can be started (from seed) in July, or is it too late in the year to begin growing? If there ARE some herbs which can be started now, could you please list some - so I can grab some seeds and get busy sowing?!!

Many thanks, and kind regards.

Jonny.
    May your growths live long and prosper!

Where are you planning to grow your herbs? And what sort of herbs do you like using? Parsley, chives, basil, coriander can be sown indoors most of the year round, and can be kept on a windowsill if you have no space outside.

Comment

Hi rustylady, and thanks for your reply.

I was considering growing the herbs outside, but there is a little space indoors; perhaps I will try one or more of the ones you suggest - on the widowsill.

Cheers.

Comment

Parsley and chives are hardy. I would start them in small pots or celltrays indoors, and then transplant outside. Chives forms small bulbs and will come back year after year. Parsley is best the first year, goes to seed in the second year but may still give you an early crop of leaves before the seed head grows. Mint is also good outside, but spreads like **** so should be contained in a large pot. Grows quickest from rooted cuttings, and there are several sorts available.

Comment

Ok rusty. Cheers for that.

I 'm going to have a go at basil, and see how it goes.

Ta for your help.
          Jonny.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X