Sprouting ginger root offered for sase

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprouting ginger root offered for sase

I have put this on the ginger challenge thread as well, but no takers. If you want to join in trying to grow your own ginger and need a sprouting piece of root, pm me and I can send you my spare bit which has a green shoot about 1cm long.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Have sent PM, fingers crossed!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

There you go! I did hope someone would want it! Sorry to disappointed grapes who didn't get in quickly enough - better luck next time.

Comment

I'd love to try growing ginger, but how did you get it to sprout??? I have a root of it here . . . but do I just put it in soil or what?

I tried to germinate leychees from seed once and never had any success. It may be because it was the wrong soil or climate, or maybe because I was only 11 when I tried this.

Either way, how did you manage it with the ginger?
        Changing the world, one plant at a time.

Comment

I can't be certain exactly why mine sprouted, grannysmith - I bought the roots before Chrismas and chose the ones with the biggest buds on the top - then I kept them in the fruit bowl with the rest of the fruit and they just started shooting. The main grow your own ginger thread has some instructions, but being me, I didn't read those!

Comment

OOPS! So sorry - I PMd immediately but didn't post on this thread to let you know - I'm guessing bad manners but I didn't realise the etiquette.

My apologies - and I'll wait until someone else has the good fortune to find their ginger sprouting and the kindness to offer it to others.

Sorry again
            Wars against nations are fought to change maps; wars against poverty are fought to map change – Muhammad Ali

Comment

Thanks, Jeanied, I'll check out the main ginger thread. I have some at the moment which is just beginning to get a bit old, so I may leave it out and see what happens. My fruitbowl could use a sprouting ginger!
              Changing the world, one plant at a time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X