No announcement yet.

Thyme as a plant to walk on

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mum grows Thyme in the gaps between the stones of her path. Looks lovely and smells great. It must be the same low growing type as you guys have, though it doesn't seem to be as rampant as yours Alice.

Comment

Think there's loads of different varieties but that they fall into two main categories ie the creeping ones or the taller bushy ones (yeah I know there's probably a proper name for them but you know what I mean!). I have a creeping one in my path but also grow a bushy one for culinary use - really should keep a better record of which type though!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Snadger, the common thyme is quite a tall, woody plant that will suffer damage. look out for the creeping thymes- Lorna Doone is a good one, but a bit woody, while creeping thyme, silver and lemon thyme are low and seem to go on on on. Unfortunately have lost the labels I carefully stuck in with mine, so not exactly sure what I've got now!

Comment

piccies (I hope)

Here are some pictures I managed to take between downpours of our back garden. I make no apologies for the weeds or untidiness, as I'm not going out in this!
          The thyme has grown up towards the re-instated fence now, but is still going well in places.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
            Here are some pictures I managed to take between downpours of our back garden. I make no apologies for the weeds or untidiness, as I'm not going out in this!
            The thyme has grown up towards the re-instated fence now, but is still going well in places.
            Deffo different to the Thyme I grow!! Mines 15" tall, straggly and woody! Smells nice tho!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

This smells nice too Snadger, but is the creeping variety, so stays low. I've got the common thyme in the lottie and it does tend to straggly and break bits off, and rot and die.
              Go for the little ones. sometimes less is more!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse
              • rary
                Reply to Chitchat thread #24
                by rary
                Today, 12:41 PM
              • rary
                Reply to Heated mat for Tom's and chillies
                by rary
                I use a mix of six scoops of compost three scoops of sand/grit and two scoops of perlite,the quantity is unimportant as long as the ratio is the same, if for seeds I use this mix, if I am potting on I add some blood, fish and bone, along with a small quantity of chicken manure pellets
                ​ though...
                Today, 12:28 PM
              • Florence Fennel
                Reply to Chitchat thread #24
                by Florence Fennel
                Today, 12:02 PM

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X