No announcement yet.

Non- herbs in herb bed?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something flowering would definitely be nice but I'd be more inclined to try different herbs. Am guessing that if you had too many last year then you were growing varieties you don't eat much of so why not try some of the more unusual varities. By the way, don't understand this too many herbs thing, to me you can never have enough herbs but then again I freeze them, use them fresh, flavour oils / vinegars and much much more so get through a huge volume. Grow more and more each year and still struggle to keep up with demand.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Or what about my Dyer's Chammomile; it's only just finished flowering since the snow. And new growth is underneath already so I suspect an early flowering session that goes right through summer.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Or what about my Dyer's Chammomile; it's only just finished flowering since the snow. And new growth is underneath already so I suspect an early flowering session that goes right through summer.
        I would love a Camomile seat!

In fact I would like this 'Pilgrims Rest' exhibited at Chelsea 2009!

It would look nice at the end of my allotment that!

RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2009 - Pilgrim’s Rest

From the Middle Ages, herb gardens, attached to monasteries, have been used as places of rest, reflection and meditation. Primarily, of course, they were designed to grow herbs for culinary, medicinal and dyeing purposes and would have been packed with plants with wonderful forms and textures giving off the most delicious scents. “The Pilgrim’s Rest” was inspired by these gardens and aimed to give an impression of a small, peaceful garden, attached to the ruins of an old monastic stone building.
        The backdrop was a ruined wall with a covered timber walkway leading to an old door in the centre. Raised beds and fencing were made from split hazel screens and a thatched dovecote, medieval pattern wheelbarrow, benches, a chamomile seat and straw bee skeps set the scene.
        Attached Files
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X