Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need substantial evergreen herbs to plant

Hi all,
    I'm planning to plant up 2 large evergreen herb beds but am struggling to buy decent sized specimens (say 2/3 litre ones). I have to buy big or else my wee cocker pup will just tooooo much fun tearing them up.

So far, I've come across Jekka's farm near Bristol although I can't find an up to date sales list. Otherwise there's laurelherbs here in Suffolk (but only do 1.5L pots).

Does anyone know of a nursery selling big plants?

Cheers all

can't you just fence the pup off, train it, or else protect the plants with a chickenwire shield or summat?
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      can't you just fence the pup off, train it, or else protect the plants with a chickenwire shield or summat?
      Theres more than one way to skin a cat...........now who thought of that stupid saying?.........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

- this little pup is a real terror. We've found that chicken wire and that plastic secuirity fencing stuff is just plain fun for him - he just tugs and tugs and tugs...and eventually pulls it down. We may try again but........*big sigh*
        As for training - yep we can do ....we're quite experienced handlers - however we are setting him up as a working gundog and don't want to overload him with instructions too soon. He's still doing basic round the house do's and don't plus toilet training plus his normal handling stuff....quite alot for a little 16wk old to take on board...
        Last edited by moola; 11-11-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I'd reckon that NO! is the most basic of training
          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 11-11-2009, 01:47 PM.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You could try this company Premier Plants UK - Map I used to buy from them in my previous life. They supply all sorts of plants to the trade, but also the public too, if you want several plants. They are a little way from you, but nearer than Jekka's Herb Farm!

Good luck.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I've got lucky - I sent an email to LaurelHerb farm here in Suffolk and they do have 4l pots but just don't advertise. Lengthy tel con - lovely lovely people. They have an idea of my bed sizes and they're putting some displays together!!! to see if I like them.
              Very reasonably priced too.

Comment

Thats helpfull of them. I will have to have a look myself as I am planning a herb garden this year.
                Good luck
                JJ
                The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X