Which herbs can be overwintered?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BFG View Post
    That's interesting Coomber. I've just got a Lemon Verbena and saw that it's only half hardy. Apparently it's only hardy to 4 degrees. I was considered growing it inside (12" square pot in a large south facing window). It would make the living room smell nice!

What do people think? In or out? I'm aware it can get fairly big, but a pot might keep it manageable?

What are other peoples experiences growing it outdoors? I'm considering chancing it in a nice raised sunny spot, close to slabs and/or rocks with a thick mulch.

Or maybe even in a bubblewrap insulated large pot. Could either work?

My lemon verbena didn't survive the winter outside in a pot, but I'm further north than Coomber and you are in the middle of us, so maybe it will work for you in a sheltered spot
    There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

I grow tarragon in a terracotta pot and put it in the greenhouse to bring it through the winter. It dies back but comes again in spring. It's my favourite herb.
      Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Originally posted by LostGoddess View Post
        My lemon verbena didn't survive the winter outside in a pot, but I'm further north than Coomber and you are in the middle of us, so maybe it will work for you in a sheltered spot
        Thanks. It's in a pot outside now. I might bring it in for this winter. Not sure yet. it's still quite little (but smells lovely!).

Comment

does mint loose it leaves in the winter because mine are loosing levaes while im still seain A LOT OF NEW GROWTH!!
          Dont judge a plant by it's pot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X