Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The yellowy lime coloured feverfew is ornamental if that helps

Comment

I wouldn't describe the smell as citrussy, although it is quite strong, to me it smells a bit like vicks vaborub, but milder and more 'green'.
      If you crush one of the leaves does it have a strong scent?

Comment

Nope, no smell at all..but I was a bit sniffly, maybe I just didn't smell it? It's taking over my sage and thyme..so I might have to move it once it's flowered...don't know where though.
        Singleton Allotments Society
        Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Comment

It also looks like feverfew to me. It will not suit you if you have platelette issues as it is a blood thinner as well as a migrane remedy.

I really recognised the plant from your images but didn't know the name, my Nana grew it. Here is a link to images of feverfew that may help:

Feverfew Images and Stock Photos. 73 Feverfew photography and royalty free pictures available to download from over 100 stock photo companies.

Comment

I think it might be Sweet Cicely.....crush the stem and does it smell of aniseed/liquorish?
            Attached Files

Comment

No, there's no smell to the stems and the flowers are more like the feverfew ones. So I think that may be it. The aphids seem to like it - grr.

I had leukaemia last year and have been told never ever to take aspirin ever again so this will fall into the same category, I suppose.
              Singleton Allotments Society
              Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X