what would eat my herbs?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would eat my herbs?

i planted out a new winter savoury plant and bergamot a couple of weeks ago in my new herb bed. I noitced a couple of days ago that the bergamot had disappeared = didn't think too much of it as i had put some more compost on the bed that i'd taken out of some pots and assumed I'd covered it up. Today I noticed that the Winter Savoury had completely gone. All that remains is a couple of stalks where the plant used to be! Any ideas what would eat Bergamot and Wnter Savoury - i would have though Winter Savoury is an acquired taste?

Not sure abot Winter Savoury but a friend of mine had her basil decimated in the greenhouse by slugs - ate every last trace of it.

Comment

Yes, slugs ate every bit of my Dill that was growing well !
      BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
      Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Slugs and/or snails ate my previous bergamot plants.

Comment

Maybe you are right. i haven't seen any signs of slugs or snails, but that doesn't mean they are not there - i have scattered some coffee grounds around now. We'll see if that keeps them away.....

Comment

Definitely slugs and snails.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You were right Two_sheds. Found the culprit hiding under my thyme today....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X