Will I rue the day?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I rue the day?

Will I rue the day if i get rid of rue in the herb garden? Jekka says it repels witches but now I've retired and given up smoking it might make life a bit more lively to have a few witches around.... I did a search but didn't find any references to 'rue' on here - it's a bitter herb, needs careful handling (can cause blisters) and it's been in the herb-patch for years though I've never really found a use for it and could do with some extra space... Anyone use it and if so what for? b.

I never used mine, so dug it up as I had children with sensitive skin playing in the garden. It took up a circle 4 ft across, so freed up a bed for other things

My herb book says it can be used in lamb, poultry and pasta dishes. Rue sachets repel moths and apparently it also reples cats, dogs and rats ( it was used to protect against plague). Pregnant women should avoid it as it can induce abortion, it used to be taken as a contraceptive, and helps menstrual problems.
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quite pretty, but no, I never did find a use for it - and was very sensitive to it, so out it went!
      Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X