Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herb Pot

Hey all,
    I'm container growing again this year because I've now decided to move away to uni and thus am not allowed a patch anymore boohoo

Anyway, after sorting everything out and filling my pots ready for sowing I've come to a rut as to which herbs to stick in my hearb pot this year. Any ideas?
    "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Ones that you eat???

I'd choose basil, garlic chives and oregano...with leaf coriander if it fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      Ones that you eat???

Aye for eating

Hmmm garlic chives, I've never had those. Could be interesting

And defo oregano I think. We don't like basil, but I may use coriander.

Cheers! I'd never have thought of garlic chives!
      Last edited by New_Bud; 10-02-2009, 05:13 PM.
      "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Comment

Garlic chives also make a lovely white flower, so if you see the buds coming, let them flower.

Comment

ooo lovely. My mum will be pleased, she said she was fed up of green.
          Last edited by New_Bud; 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Ones that you eat???

What about rosemary and parsley?

Regards

Kitchen Gardener

Comment

Garlic chives also make a lovely white flower, so if you see the buds coming, let them flower.
              I was given one tiny clump of garlic chives last year and agree they do have lovely whte flowers!

Hopefully my tiny clump will turn into a huge clump this year!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Another vote for Rosemary here, plus how about some Tarragon?
                Last edited by HotStuff; 10-02-2009, 07:10 PM.
                There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Hi New Bud, how many planters do you have and what size?

Comment

Plant herbs you can't get live potted at Tesc*'s, like unusual varieties of mint or things like lemon balm, rosemary, dill, etc. Maybe a tea container.. a collection of varieties of herbs to make tea?

Comment

Rosemary and Tarragon sound sweet. We love em!
                      I just have a 25cm diameter (roughly) wide pot that i've reserved for herbs
                      I was going to split it into five/four and stick some seeds in there

Comment

Thyme! Please don't forget thyme! And I have a trailing rosemary which is nice in a trough/basket
                        Last edited by cupcake; 11-02-2009, 07:34 AM.
                        Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Saw a good idea on gardeners world. get a very large container plant a bay tree in the centre and plant perenial herbs around it like rosemary, tyme, sage etc and have pickings for years to come without having to resow every year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X