• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Caro!!!!!...what ya like gal?????
    Well, you can't say I lack enthusiasm
    Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Greek Basil

Hi Caro

Was in Sainsburys yesterday they are selling greek basil and you can get 2 for £2.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Thank's will bring it in when it get's colder...
        Troy the otter..

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
          Sorry for butting in Nicos. Have you tried growing Greek Basil from seed? Its very easy, we've grown a potful but I'm sorry to say we've not tried it yet cos we've so much of the ordinary basil.

[ATTACH]5650[/ATTACH] - pot of greek basil next to some 'mutant' red & green basil!
          If you have the courage, sow basil seeds directly into your herb garden early in the spring. Or you may want to try your hand at both methods, just in case the seeds don't catch.
          Carmel Santos
          CEO of Herb Gardening Guide
          Growing Herbs in Pots
          Herb Garden Guide

Comment

hmmmm...growing from seed?- not really thought about that.
            Never actually noticed packets of the Greek basil seeds.

It's unlikely I'd find the seed over here- but worth popping it on my shpping list for when I'm next over!
            nice idea!-ta
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

green basil - flavour

Anyone got a take on the flavour? I bought a pot in Tesco last night and was under-whelmed by the flavour, or rather the lack of it. I regularly use basil and the ordinary potted one has a good flavour. This, while advertised as "full and slightly peppery flavour" tasted of nothing and only had a vague odour of basil that was so weak and didn't translate through to my sauce at all. The Tesco didn't have a pot of ordinary basil (which was why I bought the 'Greek' one) next time I'll pass on the Greek and stick to the good old tried and tested "broad leaf" basil, unless there's a reason???

Comment

Grown outside in full sun - it has a lovely, strong taste.

Your plants have been grown inside, in less than perfect growing conditions

Comment

I keep mine in the blowaway.
                  It certainly restricts the growth and concentrates the flavour compared to when I used to keep them on the windowsill!
                  (I grow mine from seed these days)
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I love Greek Basil! We grew it from seed these past two years and was prolific in tiny pots on the patio. The great thing about it is the leaves are so tiny you don't need to chop them; just scatter a bunch on your spaghetti. Yummy.

Lesleyfromkent - I actually find it packs more of a punch than regular basil!

Comment

A pot growing indoors near an open doorway in summer keeps flies away.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X