No announcement yet.

Herbs bought from Supermarket

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only herb I get from the supermarket is coriander, and that's the cut stuff! I get thymes, tarragon, mint etc from the local nursery at 50p a go! Fennel, parsley, and dill all self seed in different parts of the garden. Basil from seed is easy inside or in the greenhouse tho I have plants of Siam Queen thriving outside. Mint is in a huge container.
    I might have another go at coriander from seed. Nothing beats fresh herbs from the garden for taste.
    Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Originally posted by annacruachan View Post
      Have turned two pots into a scrummy hazelnut pesto today.
      Ooooh... Would you have a recipe for that? Pretty please?!

Comment

Sorry I've arrived late to this thread.

I'm the grower of the ASDA, Morrisons and Co-Op potted herbs.

The rootballs are not underdeveloped - they are over developed and pot bound.

Yes potted herbs in supermarkets are grown to give value for money and to be used ideally within a week. The main point of potted herbs v cut herbs is that pot herbs, with a little bit of care, last longer and have less waste than cut herbs - which only have 3 days life once they are in your fridge.

We often get comments such as 'I brought a pot once and it died' so we've developed a guide for keeping the herbs for longer

Caring for your herbs

We know that people buy our herbs to plant in the garden - with mixed success - so we've developed a guide for that too.

How to plant your herbs

I hope you find this useful.
        Last edited by bearded bloke; 14-06-2014, 01:22 PM. Reason: extraneous details removed

Comment

Just a quick update to this thread.

We've now done some videos on how to care for your herbs.

LincolnshireHerbs's Channel - YouTube

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X