Haven't got the Thyme

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't got the Thyme

For the life of me I can't grow thyme it keeps dying on me.Dunno what i'm doing wrong.
    Its grown in the hotest part of the garden along with some other herbs,which are all growing fine.Any ideas?
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

I tried burning the patch where I put my thyme this time after seeing a friend do similar - I also took a cutting of their thyme, it seems to be doing the trick for now.

Comment

I sowed some indoors and then planted it out. It grew a bit in the garden but not much, it has got much bigger since I put it in the greenhouse. Think it likes the warmth and shelter.
      Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

I started mine from seed and it's now doing very well in a pot on my kitchen windowsill, alongside my basil. Can't grow parsley or coriander though

Comment

I've not tried thyme from seed, but I did buy a small plant from the GC. It grew fairly well and when I cut it right back when I wanted the thyme for cooking, its grown back fine. Did the same with parsley and thats fine too. Tried coriander from seed and thats fab, but my basil from seed hasn't been good at all, well actually, it just hasn't come through, full stop!!

Comment

It is easier to grow thyme from cuttings than seed I think it could be because the cuttings are already aclimatised to their surroundings? If you have very poor gritty soil and neither feed or water it it should be fine. Failing that I can send you some if you pm your address.

Comment

Thanks Mrs dog.I bought some at the weekend and going to give it a go in a different part of the garden,If that don't work I'll be in touch!
              The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Ok my thyme looks ok at the mo but my sage looks a bit worse for wear
                Last edited by Cloud; 20-06-2008, 05:37 PM.

Comment

My sage look a little bit 'crispy' when I first put it in. I moved it in into a pot and left it out to get soaked and it seems to coming back and filling the pot. Not sure if it's the pot or the soaking that seems to be helping?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X