coriander question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coriander question

how do you know if your coriander has bolted (I think mine has) the leaves aren't leafy, they are fine and feather like and I think there is a flower growing on top !!

It's bolted. That's exactly what mine does, whenever I plant it, whatever I do, I get about 3 leaves, then the leaves go feathery and it flowers and game over. I'm unable to work out where I'm going wrong.

As an aside this year I've planted some Fenugreek (just the spice seeds from the Indian Supermarket, and an old packet at that!) and it's going great. I left it to sprout on some wet kitchen paper and then sowed it in a tray and I've got masses. It tastes great in Indian breads like parathas and with spicy potato dishes.

I might just give up on the Coriander though, which is a shame because I end up buying so much from the shops

Comment

Hi
      Just chop it back and it will grow back again.

There are 2 types of Coriander; one for leaf and one for the seeds. I grow both, but the one for seeds I keep chopped back and still use the leaves throughout the summer. If you want the leaves look out for leaf coriander.

Comment

Coriander hates being transplanted - if you move it, it will bolt. Try sowing it in situ, either in the ground or in a pot.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

just keep on sowing.it grows so quickly.
          Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

thanks for the tips peeps !

Comment

Yes that has bolted! Snip off the long stems right to the base then feed with a high nitrogen feed and water well! Simple! or, let it go to seed and enjoy free seeds!
              www.thehappyherbscompany.co.uk

Comment

I just realised that I was not the first to answer!!
                www.thehappyherbscompany.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X