hallo everyone from a complete and utter beginner

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hallo everyone from a complete and utter beginner

Hi everyone, i have never grown anything before and want to start off with mint because was told is the easiest, what is the soil I need to get?, there are so many types and does anyone know how long before i can use it for my tea?? Thanks alot for reading this nuha

Hello Nuha, i'm a total newby too but i sewed mint along with other herbs about a month ago and the mint is the only one not to show yet- i have no idea what type it was but i've been told it's quite hard to grow, fingers crossed for both of us i guess!

Comment

Mint isn't hard to grow at all, but do it from cuttings not from seed. You can get all types: ginger mint, apple mint, chocolate mint, peppermint ... my plants are from garden centres, only about £1.20 each.

Do keep it in pots though, even on the allotment, because it spreads so happily.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Yup I agree much easier from cuttings. To drink it you really need the spearmint variety. I would just put the pot with the mint in outside and forget it who knows it could take and that would be apleasent surprise. Chives and parsley are very easy from seed and the motto of treat em mean and keep em keen applies. Don't feed don't fuss. In the wild they grow in places with hardly any soil. Welcome and good luck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X