Love poppyknots!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love poppyknots!

I really like popppyknot buns and wondered, are any poppy seeds ok to eat?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Hello there and welcome. What are poppyknot buns? The poppy seeds you want are sold by chitern seeds maybe lots of other companies too but I was looking through the flower cat last night for a specific seed and came across these poppies. Good luck.

Comment

Hey just had a thought are you a cordon thingy chef type person Snadger?

Comment

Do you mean bread made into a knot with an egg wash on top and sprinkled with poppy seeds? I make these to eat with soup and jolly nice they are too. I've never tried home grown poppy seeds but I can't think why they wouldn't work. Experimental hoticulture/baking coming up eh?
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hmmm...

Quote...
          "The culinary poppy seed is harvested from ripened and dried seed capsules of the plant Papaver somniferum, also known as the oriental or opium poppy. "

from-

All About Poppy Seeds cooking with herbs and spices

wonder if they could be addictive????

I read somewhere recently that someone was arrested recently and put in jail( without trail) in the far east when they had arrived at the airport and the drug sensors had picked up the poppy seeds on the guy's clothing after they had bought and eaten a seeded roll at the UK airport .
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Hmmm...

Quote...
            "The culinary poppy seed is harvested from ripened and dried seed capsules of the plant Papaver somniferum, also known as the oriental or opium poppy. "

from-

All About Poppy Seeds cooking with herbs and spices

wonder if they could be addictive????

I read somewhere recently that someone was arrested recently and put in jail( without trail) in the far east when they had arrived at the airport and the drug sensors had picked up the poppy seeds on the guy's clothing after they had bought and eaten a seeded roll at the UK airport .
            Intersting site Nicos! I think I'll see if I can find some opium poppy seeds to grow then. Good job I didn't just try any old poppy seeds!
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Opium poppy grows in my garden Snadger - it's the one with the strange shade of mauve flowers. Never throught os using it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                Opium poppy grows in my garden Snadger - it's the one with the strange shade of mauve flowers. Never throught os using it though.
                I've had a look at Nicky's seed site they have loads!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Did you know that although not illegal to grow the opium poppy it is illeghal to harvest and use it!!!! You naughty little opium lad you

Comment

Originally posted by mrs dog View Post
                    Did you know that although not illegal to grow the opium poppy it is illeghal to harvest and use it!!!! You naughty little opium lad you
                    I'll just have to bribe the fuzz with poppyknot buns then!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

It's not the seeds that are illegal - it's the sap which contains the active ingredient. You slash across the seedhead with a sharp knife and collect the stuff that oozes out (allegedly!). However, in our sort of half @rsed summer there is nothing in them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X