lavender

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lavender

any suggestions on what im doing wrong i have tried growing lavender plants in pots, when is the best time to cut them back, as i know if they dont get cut back they go all woody and stingy and i want to be able to get more flowers as well whats the best way to get them happy in other words

Best time to cut back is just after the flowers have past their best. Cut back all the dead flower heads and just a little of the leaf leaf growth.
    Detroitsburg - Where cool cars come

Comment

Lavender loves rubbish soil, if you've planted them in a good quality compost they might not be happy about it.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

thanks will repot and give naff soil a try

Comment

Lavender is happiest in open ground, free-draining poorish soil. I've never found it to be very happy in pots. Any pruning should be restricted to cutting back current year's growth after flowering.

Comment

One other point, if you keep the plants in pots keep the soil on the dry side as they hate wet soil. I have a lot of pots of lavender and always make sure to mix fine gravel in with the soil so its very free draining.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X