Mint

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint

I know we've had a mild winter so far and now my mint is growing - about 2 inches tall already. I know this is far from normal as it's usually at least late April before it reaches this stage. Will it just continue until Autumn as usual or will a frost kill it? Should I protect it with fleece or would it recover?
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

It may get caught by frost but will come again afterwards and no harm will be done to the plant in the long run as it's hardy. Depends if you can be bothered rushing out with fleece every time it looks like it'll be cold enough. Personally I can't be bothered but it's up to you.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

My mint is growing too, what a lovely treat I,ve been having mint tea, yum!
      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Mine hasn't stopped all winter. First time I have ever managed to keep the stuff alive!
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

I left some in pots two years ago all through the winter. It completely died off and looked as if there was nothing left in the pot. By late spring I had pots full of mint again. It's VERY hardy stuff. In my herb patch, I've got herbs in pots and I just let the mint ramble about in the ground around the pots as ground cover.
          I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

None of mine has stopped either - but it's pretty indestructable stuff.

Comment

It's bombproof, I think if/when the nuclear winter sets in, the only things left alive will be cockroaches, ants and mint!!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Mine's still fine and we have -8 for days, don't bother to cover mint or French tarragon, sage, lemon balm or any of the woody herbs.
                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

I thought my pot of mint had given up over the winter, lots of dead twigs, but having read this post I had a good look last night and, huurrrayyyyy, it is growing again!! Only tiny shoots so far, not enough to pick any, but it's on its way.
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X