herbs on my windowsill

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herbs on my windowsill

I'd love to use more fresh herbs in my cooking. Yesterday I bought 3 different types of thyme and may sow some basil and parsley soon. Can I keep them on my east facing windowsill ok? many thanks
    eden

Shouldn't be a problem. You can also grow chives and mint on the kitchen windowsill.

Comment

Basil won't survive on a window sill at night at this time of year as it will get too cold - it's pretty tender - however I've got a couple of pots of it on tables round the house which are growing well.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I think your herbs will be fine on the windowsill, and coriander will do well there too. Good luck Eden.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I grew some Basil from seed in the greenhouse but it succumbed to the cold eventually!
          I bought a potted plant of Basil and one of Parsley (which is reasonably hardy) for the kitchen window. The Parsley curled up it's toes and died, but 2 months later the Basil is still flourishing. South facing kitchen window sill seems to work for me!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Many thanks for your replies, I'm going to grow coriander and mint aswell! I grew coriander during the summer and used it in curries, Oh My Word it was delicious!!!!
            Eden

Comment

my tyme is outside and is fine just slower growing
              Last edited by axe70; 19-12-2007, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X