Feverfew

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feverfew

I've just bought a feverfew plant. It's suppose to be a good cure for arthritis & migraines. Does anyone know how to administer it. Is it infused as a tea or leaves eaten raw. Any advise will be appreciated.

It's normally recommended to put a few leaves in a sandwich methinks. Can't say I fancy it myself....it stinks!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Half a dozen leaves in a sandwich is what I have read. You are supposed to consume this every day for it to have an effect.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

It certainly does honk Snadger - I even notice it when I put a few feverfew sprigs in a bunch of mixed garden flowers. However, I would think if you added a few leaves to a mixed salad, especially with stronger flavoured leaves like the chinese mustards, rocket and nasturtium it might get lost a bit. I've heard of it for migraines (but I'd still prefer to consult a doc first) but not for arthritis.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

It does spread like mad so be careful where you plant it, it'll be popping up all over the place!!
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I've got it all over my plot - I've chewed the leaves for a headache, but it is one of the bitterest things ever, I'd rather have a Migraleve.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Wodered if you could brew it up to make a tea? could add some mint or ginger or something similar with a strong flavour to disguse the taste of the feverfew?
              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I've taken it in a ham and pickle sarnie - small leaves flattened into the butter - works well.

LCG

Comment

Thanks for the warning about it spreading, I'll sink a container & put in there. I dont think, if it works (and I've heard it does) that my daughter will worry about the taste/smell. She suffers with awful migraines sometimes despite being on daily medication for them. If taking half a dozen stinky leaves does the trick I know which I'd do. As for the arthritis, my mum used to take f/few tablets from a health shop. I'm not sure whether it is a pain reliever or a preventative or what but I already have arthritis in a couple of joints so I figure it's worth a go. My mum has given up alsorts of foods which are supposed to be bad; tomatoes, rhubarb etc but I thought I'm giving the stinky stuff a go first before such drastic measures!

Comment

Stig, it spreads by seed though, not by runners like mint...
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X