• Show
Clear All

• Herb garden suggestions

Click image for larger version

Name:	C33902AE-4110-473B-BAEF-F8C28FD92309.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	2407636

New patio, the bed at the back is going to be a herb garden.
    I have an oregano plant which will spread out over the sleeper, was thinking thymes, some nasturtiums, chives, mint. I have planted a rosemary to the right of the steps and have a bay tree at the bottom of the garden.

Planting doesn’t have to be exclusively herbs, although edible is good!

What would you do with the spyace?

Lots of varieties of thyme, lavender, prostrate rosemary. marjoram & oregano, sage, parsley - depends on what you use or like the look of.

Comment

Thank you, I was thinking of prostrate rosemary especially. Trying to encourage as many pollinating insects as possible. I live overlooking the English Channel, rosemary and fennel grow wonderfully here.

Comment

Wow, I just looked up prostrate rosemary, as I've never heard of it before. That is beautiful! I wonder if it would like the dry and hot conditions in my front garden?
        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
          Wow, I just looked up prostrate rosemary, as I've never heard of it before. That is beautiful! I wonder if it would like the dry and hot conditions in my front garden?
          I’m with you Sarriss. I’ve just looked it up as well. Although I’m wondering if it’d like growing in a slightly cool bog.

My suggestion is chives.
          Last edited by Small pumpkin; 25-09-2019, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X